Sunday, July 08, 2007

New Chapter

So, my latest freelance editing job is finished, and the kids start a two-week daycamp tomorrow morning. You'd think I'd be chomping at the bit to get back to my fiction. You'd be wrong.

I have been thinking about my writing. It's on my mind almost every day. But at the end of every day, the things I want to say seem less relevant. This is a sign that either 1) I'm changing or 2) the book sucked. Likely, it's both.

So how will I spend those childless three hours a day for the next two weeks? Half of the time (the second week), I will be consumed with entertaining the in-laws. Good timing, eh? The other half, well, we shall see tomorrow morning when I plan to let my muse do with me what she will. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

PT-LawMom said...

Ooh, I hope you share when you finish it! :)

Christa M. Miller said...

That's how I started, too. Thinking. Thinking thinking thinking. Then I started writing stuff down. Then the whole thing became a habit. Now I spend most of my day in fantasyland, when I'm not being interrupted by children, of course. Enjoy! :D

Joodge said...

Mary Louisa, we are dopplegangers!
My blog (and life) resemble yours in an eerie way.

I too send two kids off to day camp and then rush to my desk to write about thinking about writing.

Guess how I found you. This is weird: I started a secondary blog, (my "professional" blog as opposed to the more compelling personal one, as a forum for my ideas about branding)and as the topic is MINDING: The Other Side of Branding, I gave myself the url YesIDoMindThankYou...and that's how I found you!

And I'm so glad I found you.
I love your blog.

And here's a Meme for you, sharing as we do, you and I, some memes:

When I was dating my husband, one of the early courtship clinchers that took us from just dating to serious attachment, was the fact that we were both reading THE SELFISH MEME.

Have I mentioned how glad I am to have found you??

Mary Louisa said...

PT-LM, if I ever have anything worth sharing, I will...
Christa, thanks for the support!
Joodge, glad you made it over. I was wondering when my twin would find me. Now, which one of us is the good one and which is the evil? hehe.