Monday, May 07, 2007

Did you get the Meme-O? Re: Eight Random Things

Jess at jessyferguson.blogspot.com has tagged me for a meme where I give eight random facts about myself then tag eight more people. I am so ass-tired right now I am going to invite any and all to join in the fun! If you do it, then comment on this post with your link.

I haven't participated in a meme in a long time, so this should be fun. For me, I mean.

1. I love to wear high heels. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do that in years due to joint problems and pregnancies.

2. I am compulsive about counting things when the number does not matter in the slightest. I count the number of scoops it takes to fill up the dog food container; I count the number of breaths my son takes before I leave his room in the middle of the night. Harmless, right?

3. I love Dolly Parton. I love everything about her.

4. I wish I had learned to play basketball. And, yes, it IS too late.

5. I have received only one traffic ticket in my entire life--I parked in a handicapped spot when I arrived late to take my GRE.

6. My three-year-old son puts off going to the potty as long as humanly possible. Hmmmm. Wonder where he gets that. La-la-la-la-la-la...

7. I have an extremely acute sense of smell.

8. I had an addiction to Oreos until I was about thirty-five. Don't know where that obsession went, but good riddance.

Now don't you want to adopt me???

3 comments:

Jessica Ferguson said...

Hey, I love your list! I never would have pegged you as a Dolly Parton fan. LOL I love her too. I can picture sitting down with her and just jabbering up a storm--and come away STILL liking her. :)

BTW, I can so relate to counting the breaths of our young'uns. My daughter is almost 24 and in N.O. working on her Masters. If she was still around, I'd STILL be counting her breaths. :)

Thanks for playing with me. It was fun.

Mary Louisa said...

Thanks for the meme tag, Jess. Yep, Dolly is pretty amazing. I am as much impressed with her dedication to improving the lives of those in her home region as I am her songwriting skills and amazing voice. Then there's that HAIR...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mary Louisa! I saw you over at "my place" & thought I'd drop by to look around. You're right; we do seem to have a lot in common.

I count stuff, too, and I have a terribly sensitive sniffer as well! And, well, the Oreos have simply turned into Newman-O's... SIGH... I still haven't turned 35 yet, though, so there's still hope... right?!?!