Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I am at turns shocked, saddened, fearful, and awed as I see coverage of the devastation that Hurricane Katrina brought to the southern coasts. That so few people have died (as far as we know now) is a major miracle. But tens of thousands of lives are now ruined for probably many years. What can we do? Pray, if that's your tradition. Or give, an impulse present in all traditions, as far as I know. This FEMA web page lists organizations that are handling cash donations and worker volunteers. I have several bags of baby clothes that I want to send to those in need, but I can't find any aid organizations taking anything other than cash donations (yet). I suppose as the week goes on I may find a way to send these items through a local group here in Delaware. If any readers know how I can get these things to the right people, drop me a comment, please. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

No comments: