Friday, July 14, 2006

Skinflintstones, Day 6

Getting tired of this yet?

Running Total: $29

Purchased Today: Went to Highland Orchards and picked up some produce. Broccoli crowns, $1.89/lb; white peaches, $1.89/lb; blueberries, $2.99/qu; lovely canteloupe, $1.49. Total was $13. (I always round to the nearest dollar for my totals.) Produce there is almost always cheaper than at the corporate supermarket (Superfresh). And even when it's not, I have no qualms about supporting my long-standing neighborhood farmers over the conglomerate who sells produce from who-knows-where.

Menu:
  • breakfast: cereal, soy/milk, NutriGrain bars, bananas
  • lunch: sandwiches, leftovers, apple, pudding
  • snack: graham crackers, milk, apple juice
  • dinner: lasagna, bread, broccoli, canteloupe, red wine, milk
  • dessert: blueberry cobbler, ice cream, ice cream sandwich


  • Thoughts:
    Didn't have time to go to the grocery store today, just the orchard. I plan to go to the Superfresh and the Target tomorrow to get some food for our meals and for the birthday party Sunday. I'd love to visit Trader Joe's, but I know I will spend money on things we don't need. Their stuff is reasonably priced, but most of what I buy from them are luxury items.

    No comments: