Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Delaware highest in infant mortality

I can't go to bed tonight without posting this Email Form to Delaware Gov. Ruth Ann Minner. If you are a Delawarean, you will know the shame of being the state with the highest infant mortality rate, again. I have just written Governor Minner asking her what I can do to help keep our children alive, and I urge other caring Delaware residents to do the same. As I discover opportunities for volunteering, I will post them. I don't want to let another day go by without trying to help.

The rate is for 2001, the most recent year for which there are statistics. News Journal article Del. Infant Death Rate Worst in U.S. states:
In the past five years, Delaware has lost about $600,000 for infant mortality prevention programs.

It makes me shake to see that figure in front of me. How can we help?

No comments: