Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Oh, the delirious expectation

There is a CHANCE that I will actually get to go OUT and see a FIRST RUN MOVIE on Saturday night. Naturally, you are skeptical, considering I have a 6mo and a 2yo and a husband who works between 60 and 70 hours a week (some of that time from home, thank God). And rightly so. But I THINK our babysitter does not have to play volleyball that night, and I THINK my children will be healthy enough to leave with her. Ya know, I don't even care what movie it is. I'm just beside myself to be pondering my JUNK FOOD CHOICES. Will I get popcorn and a Sprite? Or will it be Reese's cups? Maybe coffee and a muffin? Junior mints, perhaps? I am willing to GO INTO DEBT to say "meh" to a mediocre movie, as long as I can sit in a dark, air-conditioned cavern with no one pooping or peeing or crying within range of my detectors, and EAT CRAP. And guess what? I don't even have to clean up! I can just wipe my fingers, throw my stuff in the can, and walk out. Finally, if all goes as planned, the kids will be asleep when we get home, and our reign of FREEDOM will continue on into the night.

But soft you, the witching hour approacheth, when the 2yo inevitably ruins mom's buzz. Still, she intoneth, KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

No comments: