Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Forty Schmorty


No fair double-teaming me.

It was great for forty years just having the regular under-eye creases that follow the line of the lower rim. I swear to God, though, that as soon as my fortieth birthday passed, I got these NEW wrinkles that go against the grain of the old ones. They are these tiny, crepey (I am so sad to write that word) folds perpendicular to my eye rim. How did they know it was time to come? If they'd asked me, I would've told them to hang out in the cafe a little longer while I enjoyed my peace. Now I can't wear concealer under my eyes anymore, because it gradually gets caught up in those little rivulets and looks...well...like I'm trying not to look old. Give me a break - I'm just trying not to look like I have a newborn and a toddler. May I just live in peace for a little longer before my entire face becomes riddled with lines?

No comments: